What Should I Do if I Have an Accident Abroad?

If you are unfortunate enough to suffer an injury in an accident, or be affected by an illness, when you are abroad then you could be entitled to compensation.

The main criteria for determining whether you will be entitled to compensation is that any injury or illness wasn’t your fault. Your circumstances will, however, need to be reviewed by your solicitor before a personal injury compensation claim can be made.

If you are injured in an accident when working abroad, and the injury was your employer’s fault, then may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim through a UK based solicitor. There are some conditions, though. The claim can only be made only if the company that you were working for was based in the UK, or had a registered office/place of business in Britain at the time of the accident.

If you are injured in an accident when on holiday abroad, you could make a claim against your holiday company. Your personal injury solicitor in the UK will need to determine if it was a package deal holiday, and was a holiday which had been booked via a UK travel agent. If it was, and the travel agent or its representatives were culpable regarding your accident, then you may be advised to make a claim for compensation.

Examples of the type of compensation claims you could make include being injured during a fall at your hotel, which was caused by poor maintenance within a hotel booked by your travel agent. Similarly, if you were struck down by food poisoning at the hotel restaurant, you could be entitled to make a claim.

Accidents abroad may not always mean that a travel firm has liability. If you get injured, for instance, while undertaking an activity organised by independent operators, this may mean that package tour regulations restrict your entitlement to a claim for compensation.

Claim Advance are personal injury specialists. We operate on a no win no fee, 100% compensation guarantee basis, as well as offering a quick and friendly service. For more information please phone us on 0800 171 2554 (our lines are open 24 hours a day), or browse our website where you will be able to start making your claim immediately.


Leave a Reply

Latest News

What Should I Do if I Have an Accident Abroad?
Posted on: July 31st, 2013 by admin No Comments

If you suffer an accident abroad, this latest post provides details on what you should do as well as how we at Claim Advance could potentially help you out.

Read More
Hospitals Reveal Over 750 Cases of ‘Should Never Happen’ Incidents
Posted on: June 25th, 2013 by admin No Comments

Over 750 cases of ‘never events’ revealed in our hospitals over the last four years, read on to find out more about these incidents and whether you have a claim

Read More